As we all know in this pandemic, everything is closed due to this deadly disease. Everyone is studying and doing their work at home. In this challenging time, the e-Learning and EdTech applications have helped many students and mentors learn about other things.
Pupils love their mobile phones and when learning comes through it they love it too. E-learning app development is a great initiative taken by the developers to help improve education and learn other things. According to LearnDash, 70% of students felt more comfortable and enjoyed learning via mobile phones than on desktops.
Are you looking for a mobile app development company for your iOS or Android e-Learning application? Hire an iPhone app developer from us for your fully functional and feature-filled e-Learning app.
Below are the details that you must know if you are thinking to create an e-learning app.
What is an E-learning app?
A learning app system dependent on organized teaching with the help of electronic sources is known as E-learning. While teaching and learning are limited to classrooms, they can also be learned outside the class.
An E-learning app is a type of online learning app used to learn subjects or other things online. It is not just used for school or college students, but people can also use it at any age. E-learning apps can also be known as network-implemented knowledge or skills.
Benefits and Advanced Features of e-Learning Applications
We all know about the popularity of smartphones among today’s people. The use of smartphones has become widespread in every age group nowadays. There are a plethora of applications that are used in smartphones. This application consumes many students’ time, so students should invest their time in this type of E-learning app in Android Studio.
Explore the Benefits of e-Learning Applications
Adjustable according to needs:
One of the most notable areas these apps fiercely focused on is ways for higher engagement of students. They have worked noticeably to develop the app handy for the students at any time and any place. Not only students but people of any age busy with their daily chores can get an education according to their needs and leisure.
The affordability of e-learning constitutes one of its main advantages. The price decrease is the consequence of significant financial savings made by educational institutions on both pupil and instructor travel and lodging.
Easy access to study material:
You can obtain the study materials as often as you require them to, which is a distinct advantage of online learning. You own your study material according to your relevant interest. This makes you learn what you want to do along with the academic syllabi. Users can learn one course and can jump to another due to concisely presenting the content.
As there are many various approaches to learning available online, students can more easily adjust to the classes they want to take. Students are encouraged to continue with their higher education when they are not under pressure to pass all of the required but undesirable courses. It is feasible to accommodate the specific interests and objectives of each learner when learning online. It enables them to move at their own pace and pick their own course.
Enhanced learning experience:
Additionally, you can enroll in virtual classrooms, interact with pupils and educators all over the world, and even attend live interviews. It allows you to communicate with expert teachers and gain a deeper understanding of your subject. It provides many options for the students to learn in different ways, such as podcasts, videos, and other profitable ways.
Student’s progress reports:
Parents can also check their children’s progress and track their activities. The progress report made by this app for the parents is the report of the total time spent in study, understanding factor, and exam preparedness.
Privacy and safety:
Safety and privacy issues are always top priorities while developing apps. To win the visitor’s trust, your online learning app needs to have strict security. The encryption of all personal data, including name, address, phone number, and payment information, is required.
Many students today are dependent heavily on online homework assistance to develop their talents and advance in their careers in our quickly changing world. You can record live events for these people, upload them to your EdTech app, and then make the course materials accessible. The self-paced approach makes it feasible to access the workshops, records, and presentations.
Types of E-learning Apps Used for eLearning
E-learning apps can be further classified into two types by the learning way or target audience.
Given below are the types of learning ways
- Synchronous E-learning apps type:- In this type of E-learning app, it is necessary for the student and the mentor to be present at the same time to handle the lesson together. For this type of E-learning app, “Virtual classroom” is the best example so far. The class can be held in real time.
- Asynchronous E-learning apps type:- This type of app enables students to access the material provided in the app whenever they want. There is no need for any mentor to be present to conduct any lecture, and students don’t get gathered at the same time.
Different Types of Apps For the Target Audience
- E-learning for business:-
Many mobile app development companies employ E-learning platforms for education and skills development and watch progress along with it. Many business owners want to train their already existing employees for new technologies or frameworks instead of hiring new ones. This is cheaper than the hiring costs and is profitable for both the company owner and employees.
- E-learning for educational institutions:-
This pandemic has changed the style of how we work, shop, and study. When this pandemic started, many educational institutes were not ready to change their teaching pattern to online teaching. To keep their teachers and students safe, every educational institute convinced themselves later on. Currently, all schools and institutions are forced to agree to the online teaching pattern.
- E-learning for individuals:-
This type mainly consists of asynchronous platforms like Coursera, Udemy, LinkedIn Learning, and much more. This type includes a B2C platform for personal use. This provides courses on a massive amount of topics, from mathematicians to marketing analysis, and history. Anyone who wants to increase their knowledge in any field can engage through these types of courses.
Types of EdTech Apps Used for eLearning
1. In-house tutorial apps
A greater number of organizations are using digital learning software for corporate training as a consequence of the continuing transition to blended workplace settings. Delivering training manuals, monitoring employee performance, and staying abreast of education session accomplishments are all possible via the latter of these apps.
2. Apps to pile up your skills
Nowadays, studying seems to be more accessible for everybody thanks to mobile phones and internet tech, which has created an environment where almost everyone may access a multitude of educational resources all with no restrictions. There are many multitudinous training mobile applications. Certain EdTech apps might help you learn more broadly while others can hone your specialty talents. TED, Elevate, and edX are popularly used for enhancing skills.
3. Employee-engaging Apps
The pandemic is now in the back window, but the upward trend in reflecting the impact is still going strong. Most businesses are looking for novel methods to boost workforce retention and lower attrition as they struggle with the global depression. The above education applications might have functions including media platforms, brainstorming and project reporting tools, and employee incentive and appreciation programs. Some common apps are Blink, Officevibe, Engagement Multiplier, and Bonusly.
4. Learning Management System (LMS)
The businesses or organizations that provide academic support are the prime aims of the training management platform category. Application for learning administration systems is used to automate, report, and track pedagogical approaches as well as to organize all relearning material and statistics. EdTech Applications mostly used by institutions are Moodle, TalentLMS, and Adobe Captivate Prime.
5. On-boarding and Orientation Apps
These are the apps where you conduct a conversation in which you present the job opportunity and your enterprise to the potential candidate and vice versa. Corporations may successfully guarantee their prospective hires get the knowledge they ought to flourish in their professions through the implementation of these EdTech tools.
6. Personalized Learning Apps
Teachers are aware of the benefits of instructional strategies. Creating the opportunity to create individualized active learning centered upon every student’s cognitive developmental phase, meanwhile, can frequently prove to be an impossible obstacle. Herein lays the significance that individualized training performs.
7. Learning experience platform (LXP)
Learning experience platforms (LXPs) are collaborative education platforms powered by AI that are offered through software as a service (SaaS). Companies can purchase conscience e-Learning offerings from Dynamic Learning Portal, and the platform will evaluate learners’ performance, assessments, and behavior. These programs use AI algorithms to tailor the standardized tests to each user’s requirements.
8. eLearning apps for Disabled
It is quite tragic to comprehend that a substantial proportion of kids and pupils worldwide suffer from learning challenges, which are predominantly brought on by a variety of medical problems stemming from dyslexia and autism. These applications may offer message functionality, scalable typefaces, and perhaps other adaptive devices that render instructional materials available to those who struggle with visual, auditory, or physical disabilities.
The Tech Stack we use for Developing eLearning Applications
- Mobile SDK – Android and iOS
- SMS, voice, and phone verification – Nexmo, Twilio
- Push notifications – Twilio, push.io
- Payments – Braintree, PayPal, E-wallets, Stripes
- DataStax – The universal operating system
- Database – MongoDB, Cassandra, HBase
- Cloud environment – AWS
- Streaming media system – Helix universal server, Nimble streamer
- Real-time analytics – Spark, Hadoop, Cisco, IBM, BigData
Team for Developing an E-learning App
- Project Manager
- Android/iOS developer
- Back-end developers
- Front-end developers
- UX/UI designers
- QA testers
- Delivery Manager
Must-have Features of e-Learning Applications
You can add as many features as you want to add to the app.
Student Panel Features:
The student panel must have attractive and engaging features to encourage them to stay and learn for an extended period.
- Delivery system: The content that is delivered to the students is stored in the app via the cloud or on a device. This content is in the form of a database that contains all the information that is provided to the students. This is the main part of the student panel.
- Standardized tests and quizzes: All the courses must have tests after completion. It helps teachers in monitoring students’ progress and motivates students as well. No matter how short the lesson was, it should have a test or quiz followed.
- Gamification: Gamification is the key to making boring contexts interesting. Game-based learning includes a virtual dashboard that mentions progress via cartoons and illustrations and rewards to encourage pupils.
- Push notification: Push notifications are used to increase app engagement. These are messages that are sent to users regarding apps, new features, or any new launch related to their delivered content or interests. It is also used to notify them about upcoming quizzes or tests.
- In-app messages: These messages are used by tutors to update pupils about their progress, and reward or remind them about any task. Students can also text the teachers to ask any queries or for a live session and the tutor will be notified of the student’s text and vice versa. Both can chat and schedule a class as well.
- Social media: Connecting students through social media to make studying more interesting and participatory for them. Students will interact with each other on the app and share their thoughts on lectures and study material. Also, they can see the achievement dashboard of each other and get motivated.
- Easy Login: The login procedure should be quick and easy. Users are students who are always in a hurry and time-consuming login will not engage them. Add login with Google to conserve their time and efforts and it will provide detailed information about them via Google profile.
- Offline study material: Study material should be available for studying offline through download options. Also, the sessions can be recorded to see later for better understanding. Download syllabus option should be included for users according to their academic curriculum.
Features of Teachers’ panel
- Registration: Teachers can register for the course by providing their personal as well as educational data required. They will get an email regarding registration. Also can set a password for a secured login.
- Manage profile: This feature allows teachers to change or update their data on the account and can also change their passwords if they wish to.
- Live sessions: Educators can conduct live lectures according to their time and comfort and also can record and save sessions for other students who are unavailable or want to watch again for more understanding. Also, they can upload videos regarding their courses and communicate with students on audio and video calls for personalized training.
- Push notifications: The app will remind you via message about any scheduled session or for students’ queries. You can turn on notifications for your student’s progress and problems.
- Reviews and feedback: Teachers can get feedback regarding their causes and sessions. And can also make changes according to the reviews from the students.
- Student interaction: Students can talk with the teachers through e-Learning applications to ask questions and teachers can receive messages and solve problems personally. Also, the app should aid teachers in providing videos and audio of lessons directly to pupils’ mobile phones or devices.
- Assignments and deadlines: Teachers can assign tasks and assignments to the students daily or can set deadlines for completing any project.
Feature of the Parent Panel
- Registration: Registration for parents should be simpler. They only require the child to fill in the information of the child to register and get notified.
- Child’s progress reports: Through a virtual application, parents will get information regarding their children’s progress. Also, they can monitor their kids’ school activities as well as real-time activities. Also, get informed about weaknesses in a particular subject through the color indications on the progress board.
- Course tracking: Apps help them in tracking their children’s course progress, and also can monitor performance, exam timetables, and grades as well. Also, they can have a look at the study material of their kids.
- Connect with Teachers: Parents can interact with teachers and can join their kids’ learning process for better connectivity with teachers and understanding of their learning patterns.
- Check assignments and projects: Parents can check the assignments and projects given to their kids and whether they have completed or not or what are their grades.
- Push notifications: Parents aren’t required to visit the app daily. The app will notify them about the activities and performance of their kids via messages.
- Attendance: Parents can see the attendance of their students and also can see attendance in a class of particular subjects and the number of students in the class.
- Leaderboard: The Leaderboard represents the ranking of their kids. Parents can see progress and send messages to motivate and encourage their children.
Features of the Admin Panel
- Admin can manage users
- Admin can manage subjects
- Admin can manage the badges
- Admin can manage locations
- Admin can manage sessions
- Admin can view/delete earnings
- Student information system
- Admin manage credits
- Admin manage chats
- Admin can manage questions and notifications
- Admin can manage the subscription package
- Admin can manage content and various filters
- Quizzes & Assessments
- Document sharing
- Discussion forums
- Audio-Video streaming
- Push notifications
- Real-time analytics
- CMS integration
- CRM integration
- Role-based chat board
- In-app chat
- Multiple payment options
How Does an E-learning App Work?
An application created to support online education and learning is known as an e-learning app. Through a web-based application, it gives users access to equipment, engaging material, and instructional resources.
A user normally creates an account or logs in to an already-created one before using an online learning app. This enables them to tailor their learning process and monitor their advancement. The app may offer a variety of courses or subjects, each of which may include lessons, tasks, tests, or multimedia resources.
Within the app, users can explore the content and select the subjects they want to learn more about. Through presentations, text-based lectures, videos, and even live webinars, they can engage with the information. To facilitate contact between students and instructors, the platform frequently has tools like message boards, chat capabilities, and chat functionalities.
Algorithms are frequently used in e-learning applications to recommend personalized learning routes depending on the user’s choices and performance. These algorithms could suggest further materials or exercises to improve learning.
Web apps for e-learning must include assessments and evaluations. Online quizzes and assignment submissions are also available to users, and the app may offer instant feedback or marking. Learners can assess their learning and development thanks to this feedback.
eLearning applications must include assessments and evaluations. Online quizzes and assignment submissions are also available to users, and the app may offer instant feedback or marking. Learners can assess their learning and development thanks to this feedback.
Hence, an online learning app acts as a virtual classroom that offers flexibility, availability, and interactive learning experiences to students looking for better education and skill development via the eLearning app.
How Much Does It Cost to Develop an E-learning App?
The cost of E-learning mobile app development depends upon various factors such as the tech stack you select, the platform on which you want to develop your app, the features of the app, the team who is working on your app, E learning mobile apps design, etc.
You can develop an MVP E-learning app as it won’t cost you much and will also include the essential features it; the cost will be comparatively less than the advanced app.
If you want to develop an app with the latest and advanced features, you can develop an advanced app that consists of all the latest features and high quality, but its cost can be higher.
- The complexity of the app
The cost of mobile app development can be low or high, and it depends on the features you add to the app. You can discuss these features with the E-learning app development company and fix the cost according to that.
- Number of platforms
The cost also varies depending upon the platform you select to develop the app; if you want to develop your app only on Android or iOS, then the cost will not be much, but if you want to develop the app on both the Android and iOS platforms then the cost will be more comparatively.
- App development region
The app development cost per hour differs from area to area, the cost of development in the USA is $150-$250, the cost of developing an app in Canada is $100-$150, Europe the cost is $80-$180, the cost to develop E-learning app in India is $25-$50.
e-Learning apps are becoming popular as good requirements for today’s young generation to compete in education and achieve heights. While creating an e-Learning app might look like a crucial task you can make it done easily for a devoted crew of teachers and dedicated students urging to gain knowledge.
How to Build an Education App?
Building an education app requires careful planning, development, and execution. Here are some steps you can follow to create a successful education app:
* Identify your target audience
* Define the features and functionalities
* Choose a development platform
* Design the user interface
* Develop the app
* Test and refine
* Launch and market your app
A lot of effort and resources, but it can be a rewarding endeavor. With the right planning, development, and execution, you can create an app that helps people learn and grow.
How Much It Costs to Build an E-learning App or Educational App?
The cost of building an e-learning app can vary greatly depending on various factors such as the app’s complexity, the features and functionalities it offers, the development platform, and the developer’s hourly rates. On average, the cost of developing a simple e-learning app can range from $15,000 to $50,000, while a more complex app with advanced features can cost upwards of $10,00,000.
What will be the Features of the eLearning Mobile App?
An e-learning app can have many features depending on its purpose or target audience. Here sere common features that are included in such apps are user accounts for logging in and tracking progress, course management for accessing modules or lessons, multimedia content such as videos and interactive quizzes, progress tracking, and personalized learning paths. Some other social features such as discussion forums or chatbots can also be integrated to allow for collaboration and interaction between learners. The app should have a user-friendly interface and be accessible across multiple devices for maximum convenience.
Which is India’s largest eLearning app?
UnacademyIndian is an online learning app that provides top-notch preparation materials for competitive exams. A wide range of topics is covered, including UPSC, JEE, NEET, SSC, and bank exams. Vedantu, Byju’s, Toppr, etc are also considered top eLearning applications.
Who should you put together as a team if you want to develop an educational app?
Your team should be well built with atleast one experienced project manager, 1 or 2 UIUX designers with expertise in intuitive & user-friendly designing, 1 or 2 developers for Android as well as for iOs learning app development if you want to develop for both platforms, and QA engineers for testing.